How Much Does WordPress Cost?
To purely cover the basics, WordPress costs around $11/month. Realistically though, you should expect a one-off cost of around $200, with a small ongoing monthly charge ($11 – $40/month). Your WordPress costs could quickly creep into the $1000+ mark if you need to hire a web designer.
Here’s a quick rundown of the six WordPress pricing factors you’ll need to budget for when using WordPress.org:
- Domain name: $12/year.
- Hosting: from $2.95/month.
- Pre-made themes: $0 – $200 (one-off charge).
- Plugins: $0 – $1,000 (ongoing or one-off charge).
- Security: from $50 (ongoing or one-off charge).
- Developer fees: $0 – $1,000 (one-off cost).